laptop hard drive
Max
2024-02-12 04:13:25 UTC
I have a dead laptop that won't turn on. I want to access the contents
of the hard drive in it.

What is cheapest way to connect the hard drive to my new laptop to copy
all the contents over?
Max
2024-02-12 04:25:37 UTC
Post by Max
I have a dead laptop that won't turn on. I want to access the contents
of the hard drive in it.
What is cheapest way to connect the hard drive to my new laptop to copy
all the contents over?
Would this be an appropriate product?

https://www.msy.com.au/product/volans-aluminium-2-5-inch-usb-3-0-enclosure-34540
Rod Speed
Nope.
Petzl
Assuming it's windows you need a password through a windows system
Max
2024-02-12 04:48:20 UTC
Post by Max
I have a dead laptop that won't turn on. I want to access the contents
of the hard drive in it.
What is cheapest way to connect the hard drive to my new laptop to copy
all the contents over?
This is the hard drive in the laptop:

https://www.gigabyte.com/au/SSD/GIGABYTE-M2-PCIe-SSD-256GB#kf
Pete
2024-02-12 05:35:22 UTC
Post by Max
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/SSD/GIGABYTE-M2-PCIe-SSD-256GB#kf
There are plenty of USB enclosures around for M.2 2280 SSDs, but they're
probably a bit expensive if you only need to use it once.

Peter
keithr0
You can get a USB-C M2 enclosure on eBay for around $20.
Rod Speed
2024-02-12 08:25:39 UTC
Post by Max
I have a dead laptop that won't turn on.
I want to access the contents of the hard drive in it.
What is cheapest way to connect the hard driveto my new laptop to copy
all the contents over?
Take the drive out of the dead laptop and put it in
a drive docking station plugged into the new laptop.
keithr0