mobile
Max
2023-10-31 22:51:54 UTC
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
Petzl
2023-11-01 00:28:43 UTC
ALDI, but you know that!
Max
2023-11-01 02:53:13 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi does not have the full Telstra mobile network:

"We use parts of the Telstra 5G, 4G and 3G network to deliver ALDImobile
coverage to more than 98.8% of the Australian population."
Petzl
2023-11-01 05:45:05 UTC
Post by Max
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
"We use parts of the Telstra 5G, 4G and 3G network to deliver ALDImobile
coverage to more than 98.8% of the Australian population."
5G you have to be close 100 metres, to a 5G tower for full speed and it's expensive!
I have 5G and 700 metres to a 5G tower and can only get 5G you have been conned
But you know this!
Check, type in your address and see how close you are to the nearest tower!
https://www.rfnsa.com.au/?first=1
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-01 18:27:49 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLE Telstra newwork, just a subset of
it.

Same with Belong.
Peter Jason
2023-11-01 20:03:09 UTC
On Thu, 02 Nov 2023 05:27:49 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLE Telstra newwork, just a subset of
it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?

I'm thinking of a small device to place secretly near a Telstra Air
spot so the signals can get to my place. It could be powered by a
small solar panel.

Please say yes!
Petzl
2023-11-01 21:33:01 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLE Telstra newwork, just a subset of
it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?
I'm thinking of a small device to place secretly near a Telstra Air
spot so the signals can get to my place. It could be powered by a
small solar panel.
Please say yes!
Not on a Mobil Phone!
There is a scam where metallic stamp stuck on the back is claimed to
increase reception, but it doesn't.
You can get a battery powered Wi-Fi repeater.
But solar/Battery powered, small enough to hide?
Googled this
<https://au.bestreviews.guide/battery-operated-wifi-extender>
YouTube explains

Wi-Fi Extender vs. Booster vs. Repeater: What’s the Difference?
<
Petzl
2023-11-01 22:24:53 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
On Thu, 02 Nov 2023 05:27:49 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Snip
http://youtu.be/ksD9L6Uj7jE
Wi-Fi Extender vs. Booster vs. Repeater: What’s the Difference?
<
The webpage became different?
Will check for hidden redirection, I don't use Amazon
But Amazon are creeps and install malware to take one to their page
However, they do show something of what you need
https://tinyurl.com/ysk9jwg5
Do not give Amazon your credit cards they share them to unknowns!
Rod Speed
2023-11-02 18:00:14 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLETelstra network, just a subset
of it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?
Not legal in this country.
Please say yes!
Petzl
2023-11-02 20:11:13 UTC
On Fri, 03 Nov 2023 05:00:14 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLETelstra network, just a subset
of it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?
Not legal in this country.
As long as it is on your property I would believe legal?
That one, if it can pick up signal, will boost it, according to guff
data supplied? Believe you may/probably need a power socket
Spec's are vague

As always do your own research

Outdoor WiFi Extender Weatherproof,WiFi Booster and Signal
Amplifier,Internet Booster,Wireless Bridge,Up to 1200Mbps Dual Band
WiFi Repeater ,Covers Up to Least 3440 Sq. ft and 30 Devices
$183.82 probably US$ Ebay has them but from US and $postage

Ebay has different brands a lot cheaper trouble is powered from wall
socket, some are PoE (Ethernet over powered)
https://tinyurl.com/ywedhve8

https://tinyurl.com/ylnbkf34 AU$36 "read the comments"
Always have AU power plug (So-Far)

This is from TEMU they have fast postage
their Web site to does a PuP/adware though in your browser but so far
not intrusive. Amazon looks for what you search for and a Pop-up gives
you their products.
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
SQLIT extension look for Temu open with notepad

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Zebee Johnstone
2023-11-02 20:37:47 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLETelstra network, just a subset
of it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?
Not legal in this country.
As long as it is on your property I would believe legal?
That one, if it can pick up signal, will boost it, according to guff
data supplied? Believe you may/probably need a power socket
Spec's are vague
Wifi ones are, mobile ones are not. Telstra AIr is wifi, so boosting it in some
way should be OK.

But be sure that whatever whatsit you buy does not say it boosts mobile signal

Zebee
Petzl
2023-11-02 21:34:38 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLETelstra network, just a subset
of it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?
Not legal in this country.
As long as it is on your property I would believe legal?
That one, if it can pick up signal, will boost it, according to guff
data supplied? Believe you may/probably need a power socket
Spec's are vague
Wifi ones are, mobile ones are not. Telstra AIr is wifi, so boosting it in some
way should be OK.
But be sure that whatever whatsit you buy does not say it boosts mobile signal
Zebee
My thinking as well, IF Peter Jason can get somewhat of a WiFi signal?
Will cost AU$33 to find out
My Firefox TinyURL extension not working did the bottom one from
their Web page
<Loading Image...&spec_gallery_id=26426784&refer_page_sn=10009&refer_source=0&freesia_scene=2&_oak_freesia_scene=2&_oak_rec_ext_1=MzI5OA&search_key=WiFi%20Extender%20Weatherproof&refer_page_el_sn=200049&_x_sessn_id=13g5ydd8v0&refer_page_name=search_result&refer_page_id=10009_1698954678178_ih6frvbni3>
https://tinyurl.com/musaynk6
Someone noted in comments this one gets HOT turn it off at night!!

Wifi Signal Extender, 1200Mbps 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wireless Internet
WiFi Amplifying Repeater/Router/AP Signal Booster, Greater Coverage
Extender And Signal Amplifier For Home Work With All Routers

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
Please say yes!
Petzl
2023-11-02 23:17:01 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLE Telstra newwork, just a subset of
it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?
I'm thinking of a small device to place secretly near a Telstra Air
spot so the signals can get to my place. It could be powered by a
small solar panel.
Please say yes!
Need more clay to make more bricks!
What range are you looking at in metres or feet?
Peter Jason
It's about 100 meters
Petzl
2023-11-03 02:47:15 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
Apart from Boost, are there any other low cost mobile providers that
give you the whole Telstra mobile network?
ALDI, but you know that!
Aldi doesnt give you access to the WHOLE Telstra newwork, just a subset of
it.
Same with Belong.
Can one buy a repeater to extend the range of Telstra Air?
I'm thinking of a small device to place secretly near a Telstra Air
spot so the signals can get to my place. It could be powered by a
small solar panel.
Please say yes!
Need more clay to make more bricks!
What range are you looking at in metres or feet?
It's about 100 meters
And nothing to block line of site?
<https://www.lifewire.com/range-of-typical-wifi-network-816564>
https://ggle.io/6JPJ
Wi-Fi is supposed to go for 300 meters as long as nothing in way
Does the Wi-Fi show up on your mobile at all (signal strength)
100 meters should show.
A small device could be a cheap Mobile Phone set up as a Wi-Fi
Hotspot maybe to bring signal closer, then use a Wifi amplifier?
Try eBay searches for Cheap mobile with hotspot.
Peter Jason
Thanks, I'll investigate.
Petzl
2023-11-04 02:37:24 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Max
[...]
Another possibility your Android mobile is past use buy date?
I find this Android a good one (Made in India)
"moto g 5g plus"
https://ebya.io/3GYc link to Ebay
If you bid you need to decide what the most you are willing to pay and
Snipe ose a on online snipe Website if you bid early can trigger ghost
bids by sellers friends
This is a great buy at $50 but bid $65
https://ebya.io/3GYd

Not used but this has a free 3 day trail set 10 seconds before
"hammer"
https://www.esnipe.com/free

This looks good IMO ends today at 4Pm
https://ebya.io/3GYe
probably get it around $200 but bid $221 max

If your present mobile is dated it may not giving as good a signal as
the Motorola will.

Check your network signal on your mobile.
This free with adds (NEVER open a ad often malware)
Google Play site "Network Cell Info Lite"
https://ggle.io/6JZb

I find this a good one

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Petzl
2023-11-04 05:57:02 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
A small device could be a cheap Mobile Phone set up as a Wi-Fi
Hotspot maybe to bring signal closer, then use a Wifi amplifier?
Try eBay searches for Cheap mobile with hotspot.
Thanks, I'll investigate.
That 2nd hand MOTO sold for
AU $154.50
<https://www.ebay.com.au/bfl/viewbids/166401835083?item=166401835083&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m145235.l2565>
https://ebya.io/3GYg

First with your Mobile Phone go up to the
"Telstra Air spot " I'm assuming its a Phone box?
put it on your phone, do a web browse, then go home and see if you can
get a signal.
if you can but can't connect you need A Wifi "signal booster"
Temu site which puts a PuP on your browser. give my computer a hernia!
But easy to remove
If you know where to look.
https://tinyurl.com/musaynk6
Temu
ALDi are about 150 meters away from a "Telstra Air spot " phone booth.
I can still conect and use it 150 meters away over their car park,
clean/clear line of site.

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Peter Jason
2023-11-04 23:18:32 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
[...]
There is no clear line of sight, though it might be possible to bounce
the WiFi signal off a opposite plate-glass window. (?)
I had a problem with my TV recently and the technician I called out
said it was my splitters near the TV itself. While he was there I had
him remove the TV mast on the roof and replace this with a small
aerial directed to the middle of town where a huge repeater tower was
installed. This meant no more aerials on masts pointing to the
distant hills, and the TV quality is now superb, even though it's a
2006 model (Sony).
Petzl
2023-11-05 00:21:41 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
[...]
You need an app to show signal strength.
https://networkcellinfolite.m2catalyst.com/live/aWc5
is the free one I use, NEVER click on ads
pointer in GREEN very good, pointer in Red or below not good
go to Google Play and get one
Rod Speed
2023-11-05 19:15:10 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
[...]
Wifi doesnt work like that.
2006 model (Sony).
Petzl
2023-11-05 23:28:06 UTC
On Mon, 06 Nov 2023 06:15:10 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
[...]
Agreed his firdt problem is his Android mobile is fairly dated.
17 years old, he should look for a newer one IMO
These are good hard to beat for a Android. Get BitDefender Virus
setect/remove as well about AU$20 a year!
"Motorola Moto G 5G Plus - 128GB - Surfing Blue (Unlocked) (Dual SIM)"
$250 never used <https://ebya.io/3GZB>
a friend of mine had a 12 year old or older? Xiaomi Redmi mobile
Hard to get phone calls or text
Sent him a new one $200 from Ebay Snipe.
A good used one went for $150.
His reponse once set up
He lives in the bush
"This phone is incredible. Network signal and WiFi bars are always
full. I barely got 2 bars of signal with the last one. And I get texts
immediately instead of 4 hours after they were sent."
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
I had a problem with my TV recently and the technician I called out
said it was my splitters near the TV itself. While he was there I had
him remove the TV mast on the roof and replace this with a small
aerial directed to the middle of town where a huge repeater tower was
installed. This meant no more aerials on masts pointing to the
distant hills, and the TV quality is now superb, even though it's a
2006 model (Sony).
Check your network signal on your mobile.
This free with ads (NEVER open a ad's often malware)
Google Play site "Network Cell Info Lite"
Signal green best, signal red or lower bad,
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=network+cell+info+lite+app&c=apps&hl=en&gl=US>
https://ggle.io/6JpC

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-06 00:20:30 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
[...]
You cant assume that every older system doesnt
do wifi as well in that situation as a new one.
Post by Petzl
These are good hard to beat for a Android.
But it is far from clear that it does wifi in that
situation any better than anything else.
Post by Petzl
Get BitDefender Virus setect/remove as well about AU$20 a year!
Dont need anything like that with an iOS system.
Post by Petzl
"Motorola Moto G 5G Plus - 128GB - Surfing Blue (Unlocked) (Dual SIM)"
$250 never used <https://ebya.io/3GZB>
a friend of mine had a 12 year old or older? Xiaomi Redmi mobile
Hard to get phone calls or text
Doest mean that his is as bad as that one and that's not its wifi
performance.
https://ggle.io/6JpC
Petzl
2023-11-06 00:45:28 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
[...]
That is why I suggested to get this signal strength APP
"Network Cell Info Lite" first
The MOTO I suggested also has excellent voice recognition.
Post by Petzl
Get BitDefender Virus setect/remove as well about AU$20 a year!
Dont need anything like that with an iOS system.
Where and where and what can you get IOS mobile for under $200?
The Ebay 2nd hand one MOTO was Ebay sniped for $154, would of got it
with a 5 seconds before, snipe maximum of $221 for $156
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
"Motorola Moto G 5G Plus - 128GB - Surfing Blue (Unlocked) (Dual SIM)"
$250 never used <https://ebya.io/3GZB>
a friend of mine had a 12 year old or older? Xiaomi Redmi mobile
Hard to get phone calls or text
Doest mean that his is as bad as that one and that's not its wifi
performance.
Well I had a Samsung for 12 years and the Android would no longer
update, Signal strength became pathetic, my Moto gave full strengths
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
I had a problem with my TV recently and the technician I called out
said it was my splitters near the TV itself. While he was there I had
him remove the TV mast on the roof and replace this with a small
aerial directed to the middle of town where a huge repeater tower was
installed. This meant no more aerials on masts pointing to the
distant hills, and the TV quality is now superb, even though it's a
2006 model (Sony).
Check your network signal on your mobile.
This free with ads (NEVER open a ad's often malware)
Google Play site "Network Cell Info Lite"
Signal green best, signal red or lower bad,
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=network+cell+info+lite+app&c=apps&hl=en&gl=US>
https://ggle.io/6JpC
--
Petzl
If voting made any difference,
They wouldn't let us do it- Mark Twain
Rod Speed
2023-11-06 05:20:04 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Petzl
Post by Petzl
Get BitDefender Virus setect/remove as well about AU$20 a year!
Dont need anything like that with an iOS system.
Where and where and what can you get IOS mobile for under $200?
Kogan and AustPost.
Post by Petzl
The Ebay 2nd hand one MOTO was Ebay sniped for $154, would of got it
with a 5 seconds before, snipe maximum of $221 for $156
Fuck 2nd hand anything mobile.
https://ggle.io/6JpC
Petzl
2023-11-06 07:01:44 UTC
On Mon, 06 Nov 2023 16:20:04 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<***@gmail.com> wrote:
snip
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
The Ebay 2nd hand one MOTO was Ebay sniped for $154, would of got it
with a 5 seconds before, snipe maximum of $221 for $156
Fuck 2nd hand anything mobile.
Only found this refurbished from Koga, nothing in AusPost at present
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
<https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/spz-apple-iphone-8-space-grey-64gb-good-condition-unlocked-space-grey-ip8gry64gbc/>
https://bityl.co/M9Q1
2017 model
Apple iPhone 8 64GB Space Grey Very Good Refurbished
Rod Speed
2023-11-06 16:59:28 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
The Ebay 2nd hand one MOTO was Ebay sniped for $154, would ofgot it
with a 5 seconds before, snipe maximum of $221 for $156
Fuck 2nd hand anything mobile.
Only found this refurbished from Koga, nothing in AusPost at present
Yeah, the AustPost ones aren't always there.
Post by Petzl
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
Nope, I have the SE3 now.
Petzl
2023-11-12 21:08:06 UTC
On Tue, 07 Nov 2023 03:59:28 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
Nope, I have the SE3 now.
Moto G 5G plusm is an iPhone better or as much fun?
$200 Brand New on eBay Auction.
https://youtube.com/shorts/46shKfGNZaY?

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-12 21:29:47 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
The Ebay 2nd hand one MOTO was Ebay sniped for $154, would of
got it with a 5 seconds before, snipe maximum of $221 for $156
A single ebay sale is irrelevant.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
Nope, I have the SE3 now.
Moto G 5G plusm is an iPhone better
Yep, no chance of a virus infection or having your
phone looted for your data so you can use it for
everything, including your phone banking etc.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.
Post by Petzl
or as much fun?
I dont do games at all.
Post by Petzl
$200 Brand New on eBay Auction.
https://youtube.com/shorts/46shKfGNZaY?
I'm not a pov.
Petzl
2023-11-12 22:37:25 UTC
On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:29:47 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
Nope, I have the SE3 now.
Moto G 5G plusm is an iPhone better
Yep, no chance of a virus infection or having your
phone looted for your data so you can use it for
everything, including your phone banking etc.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.
I pay $20 a year for Bitdefender, which can track the phones
whereabouts.
Don't do phone banking, do from my PC.
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
Went to Macquarie university from Campbelltown around 3 hours trip,
the train had excellent free high speed broadband,
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
or as much fun?
I dont do games at all.
I don't on mobile either, do play chess on PC
?
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
<https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/spz-apple-iphone-8-space-grey-64gb-good-condition-unlocked-space-grey-ip8gry64gbc/>
https://bityl.co/M9Q1
2017 model
Apple iPhone 8 64GB Space Grey Very Good Refurbished
--
Petzl
All governments lie about some things,
but Labor/"Green" Coalion totalitarian governments
lie about everything.
Rod Speed
2023-11-12 23:59:22 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
Nope, I have the SE3 now.
Moto G 5G plusm is an iPhone better
Yep, no chance of a virus infection or having your
phone looted for your data so you can use it for
everything, including your phone banking etc.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.
I pay $20 a year for Bitdefender, whichcan track the phones whereabouts.
Dont need anything like that with iOS
and Bitdefender can't do a damned thing
about a rogue app stealing your details.
Don't do phone banking, do from my PC.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.

And you can't pay using PayID when out and about
and find you dont have enough cash in your wallet.
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
Petzl
2023-11-13 02:21:57 UTC
On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:59:22 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<***@gmail.com> wrote:
snip
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
Nope, I have the SE3 now.
Moto G 5G plusm is an iPhone better
Yep, no chance of a virus infection or having your
phone looted for your data so you can use it for
everything, including your phone banking etc.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.
I pay $20 a year for Bitdefender, whichcan track the phones whereabouts.
Dont need anything like that with iOS
and Bitdefender can't do a damned thing
about a rogue app stealing your details.
Malware don't happen often with iOS, because Apple do a good job at
checking the APP's that they allow for iPhones!
But does happen

Google play are full of malware and they download it to your Android
device you don't even ask.
Post by Rod Speed
Don't do phone banking, do from my PC.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.
And you can't pay using PayID when out and about
and find you dont have enough cash in your wallet.
I just use my credit card touch and go
Post by Rod Speed
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
Freecell not pro seems very slow to load and keep flogging stupid
ad's?
just play Chess free or pay
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/3d-chess-game/9wzdncrfhx51?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Post by Rod Speed
Went to Macquarie university from Campbelltown around 3hours trip, the
train had excellent free high speed broadband,
--
Petzl
When all the guns have been banned
When all the words have been censored
When history has been erased
When all the freedom has been taken
Only then will you discover why our
right to bear arms was so high on the list
Rod Speed
2023-11-13 03:42:20 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Apple iPhone 8 that the one you have Rod?
Nope, I have the SE3 now.
Moto G 5G plusm is an iPhone better
Yep, no chance of a virus infection or having your
phone looted for your data so you can use it for
everything, including your phone banking etc.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.
I pay $20 a year for Bitdefender, whichcan track the phones
whereabouts.
Dont need anything like that with iOS
and Bitdefender can't do a damned thing
about a rogue app stealing your details.
Malware don't happen often with iOS, because Apple do agood job at
checking the APP's that they allow for iPhones!
Yep, and that's why its much safer than androids.
But does happen
Nope.
Google play are full of malware and they downloadit to your Android
device you don't even ask.
And you can sideload your android. You cant sideload an idevice.
Post by Rod Speed
Don't do phone banking, do from my PC.
Plenty just have the phone now, no computer at all.
And you can't pay using PayID when out and about
and find you dont have enough cash in your wallet.
I just use my credit card touch and go
I meant people who can't take cards.
You just PayID to their mobile number.
Post by Rod Speed
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
Freecell not pro seems very slow to loadand keep flogging stupid ad's?
No ads on with FreeCell Pro and its very fast to load and
keeps working fine even when everything is slow as a dog
because the PC is crippling along. But I mainly use it for
the 3 solvers which tell you if the game is still winnable.
just play Chess free or pay
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/3d-chess-game/9wzdncrfhx51?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Chess is nothing like Freecell.
Petzl
2023-11-13 06:32:50 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
?
Going to try here for SSD ro see if ones computer can be sped up ?
ReadyBoost
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/usb-and-sd-storage-media-readyboost-with-a-sd-card-or-a-flash-drive-f19ab915-5f8a-b131-e6d8-a6900154a42c>
https://tinyurl.com/ReadyBoost-Win7
<https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099522627887&_x_msgid=12-20231104-11-B-662852712261627904-427-Fvx790GB&_x_src=mail&refer_page_name=bgt_order_detail&refer_page_id=10045_1699227229444_5mi7e6zg3o&refer_page_sn=10045&_x_sessn_id=cp5yr3hvkg>
https://bityl.co/M96Y
256GB one want to try ReadyBoost hope is enough
(may not be 500GB better)?

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-13 16:55:47 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
?
Going to try here for SSD ro see if ones computer can be sped up ?
It doesnt unless the PC doesnt have enough physical memory
and you keep stupidly shutting it down when you aren't using it.
(may not be 500GB better)?
Petzl
2023-11-13 21:58:01 UTC
On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 03:55:47 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
?
Going to try here for SSD ro see if ones computer can be sped up ?
It doesnt unless the PC doesnt have enough physical memory
I run a memory optimizer in background, which works,
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory optimizer, nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windows defender, when
I check , it's on, so maybe Windows defender is getting a bit heavy
for startup? Don't like that.
My drives are not SSD.

ReadyBoost speeds up the Windows system mainly by utilizing a USB
drive to store cache data. It is an ideal choice for computers with a
small amount of RAM. If you are using an SSD or large RAM, then
ReadyBoost has little impact on the computer performance improvement.
Post by Rod Speed
and you keep stupidly shutting it down when you aren't using it.
I only shut my computer down when I go to bed and or go away from home
for shopping or the day.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
ReadyBoost
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/usb-and-sd-storage-media-readyboost-with-a-sd-card-or-a-flash-drive-f19ab915-5f8a-b131-e6d8-a6900154a42c>
https://tinyurl.com/ReadyBoost-Win7
<https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099522627887&_x_msgid=12-20231104-11-B-662852712261627904-427-Fvx790GB&_x_src=mail&refer_page_name=bgt_order_detail&refer_page_id=10045_1699227229444_5mi7e6zg3o&refer_page_sn=10045&_x_sessn_id=cp5yr3hvkg>
https://bityl.co/M96Y
256GB one want to try ReadyBoost hope is enough
(may not be 500GB better)?
--
Petzl
As Winston Churchill once said;

The Monarchy is important,
not for the power it wields,
but for the power it denies others.

"Dieu et mon droit" God is my legal right
<https://www.yourdictionary.com/droit>
Rod Speed
2023-11-14 02:28:08 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
?
Going to try here for SSD ro see if ones computer can be sped up ?
It doesnt unless the PC doesnt have enough physical memory
I run a memory optimizer in background, which works,
An SSD won't help with that.
Post by Petzl
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory optimizer,nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
Makes more sense not to shut down so you don't care about how fast startup
is.
Post by Petzl
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windowsdefender, when I
check , it's on, so maybe Windowsdefender is getting a bit heavy for
startup? Don't like that.
Nope, Win is a bit stupid, it checks that too early, while its still
Post by Petzl
My drives are not SSD.
ReadyBoost speeds up the Windows system mainly by utilizing a USB
drive to store cache data. It is an ideal choice for computers with a
small amount of RAM.
Makes more sense to have more physical ram.
Post by Petzl
If you are using an SSD or large RAM, then ReadyBoost haslittle impact
on the computer performance improvement.
Makes more sense to have enough RAM.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
and you keep stupidly shutting it down when you aren't using it.
I only shut my computer down when I go to bed andor go away from home
for shopping or the day.
Makes no sense to shut it down then.
(may not be 500GB better)?
Petzl
2023-11-14 03:52:56 UTC
On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 13:28:08 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
?
Going to try here for SSD ro see if ones computer can be sped up ?
It doesnt unless the PC doesnt have enough physical memory
I run a memory optimizer in background, which works,
An SSD won't help with that.
Let you know if it doesn't
SSD's are a lot cheaper from TEMU 2TB au$40
<https://www.temu.com/search_result.html?search_key=ssd%20drive%20internal&search_method=suggest&refer_page_el_sn=200252&srch_enter_source=top_search_entrance_10005&sprefix=ssd%20d&_x_sessn_id=f4uk5f4ouf&refer_page_name=home&refer_page_id=10005_1699933351067_cn1f17t2pn&refer_page_sn=10005>
https://tinyurl.com/3dnrutth
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory optimizer,nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
Makes more sense not to shut down so you don't care about how fast startup
is.
don't like smoke, while I sleep, I also unplug it.
My routine is I plug computer in start it then make coffee and
breakfast. It's ready when I get to it.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windowsdefender, when I
check , it's on, so maybe Windowsdefender is getting a bit heavy for
startup? Don't like that.
Nope, Win is a bit stupid, it checks that too early, while its still
Only started doing this a few months ago?
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
My drives are not SSD.
ReadyBoost speeds up the Windows system mainly by utilizing a USB
drive to store cache data. It is an ideal choice for computers with a
small amount of RAM.
Makes more sense to have more physical ram.
My memory optimizer indicates it is not the problem?
Always 8GB under 60%
Don't use it for RAM heavy like video editing then you need 60GB
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
If you are using an SSD or large RAM, then ReadyBoost haslittle impact
on the computer performance improvement.
Makes more sense to have enough RAM.
All new computers come with at least 256GB SSD cache drives now.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
and you keep stupidly shutting it down when you aren't using it.
I only shut my computer down when I go to bed andor go away from home
for shopping or the day.
Makes no sense to shut it down then.
Safety first!
Post by Rod Speed
(may not be 500GB better)?
Rod Speed
2023-11-14 04:55:36 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Use mine a lot for browsing the Internet reading papers.
I only use my PC for ABC Just In, streaming TV, I dont bother to
record anymore, and for playing FreeCell Pro when watching videos.
?
Going to try here for SSD ro see if ones computer can be sped up ?
It doesnt unless the PC doesnt have enough physical memory
I run a memory optimizer in background, which works,
An SSD won't help with that.
Let you know if it doesn't
SSD's are a lot cheaper from TEMU 2TB au$40
<https://www.temu.com/search_result.html?search_key=ssd%20drive%20internal&search_method=suggest&refer_page_el_sn=200252&srch_enter_source=top_search_entrance_10005&sprefix=ssd%20d&_x_sessn_id=f4uk5f4ouf&refer_page_name=home&refer_page_id=10005_1699933351067_cn1f17t2pn&refer_page_sn=10005>
https://tinyurl.com/3dnrutth
But it is far from clear if those are any good.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory optimizer,nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
Makes more sense not to shut down so you don't care about how fast startup
is.
don't like smoke, while I sleep, I also unplug it.
My routine is I plug computer in start it then make coffee and
breakfast. It's ready when I get to it.
So no need for an SSD to get it to boot faster.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windowsdefender, when I
check , it's on, so maybe Windowsdefender is getting a bit heavy for
startup? Don't like that.
Nope, Win is a bit stupid, it checks that too early, while its still
Only started doing this a few months ago?
Something you added recently is taking longer to start.

You can safely ignore that message, it will go away once its fully booted.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
My drives are not SSD.
ReadyBoost speeds up the Windows system mainly by utilizing a USB
drive to store cache data. It is an ideal choice for computers with a
small amount of RAM.
Makes more sense to have more physical ram.
My memory optimizer indicates it is not the problem?
Always 8GB under 60%
Only because ReadyBoost is fucking with your memory.
Post by Petzl
Don't use it for RAM heavy like video editing then you need 60GB
Bullshit with that last.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
If you are using an SSD or large RAM, then ReadyBoost haslittle impact
on the computer performance improvement.
Makes more sense to have enough RAM.
All new computers come with at least 256GB SSD cache drives now.
Just because that makes them boot faster.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
and you keep stupidly shutting it down when you aren't using it.
I only shut my computer down when I go to bed andor go away from home
for shopping or the day.
Makes no sense to shut it down then.
Safety first!
Mad.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
(may not be 500GB better)?
Petzl
2023-11-14 09:48:27 UTC
On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 15:55:36 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
[...]
Should have a 256GB shortly, will let you know
Been buying socks and compression socks, shoes, underpants, vacuum
coffee mugs, all good, usb chargers came with Australian plugs, no
regrets so far.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory optimizer,nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
Makes more sense not to shut down so you don't care about how fast startup
is.
don't like smoke, while I sleep, I also unplug it.
My routine is I plug computer in start it then make coffee and
breakfast. It's ready when I get to it.
So no need for an SSD to get it to boot faster.
A pain when you get a update, often two one after the other. both
requiring a restart' Also sometimes have to reboot because something
not working.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windowsdefender, when I
check , it's on, so maybe Windowsdefender is getting a bit heavy for
startup? Don't like that.
Nope, Win is a bit stupid, it checks that too early, while its still
Only started doing this a few months ago?
Something you added recently is taking longer to start.
Just Windows defender wants to check every file every webstite.
Causing a wait time.
Post by Rod Speed
You can safely ignore that message, it will go away once its fully booted.
Every time I actually looked it had gone
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
My drives are not SSD.
ReadyBoost speeds up the Windows system mainly by utilizing a USB
drive to store cache data. It is an ideal choice for computers with a
small amount of RAM.
Makes more sense to have more physical ram.
My memory optimizer indicates it is not the problem?
Always 8GB under 60%
Only because ReadyBoost is fucking with your memory.
Not using ReadyBoost yet. Next week.
Arrived now activted it the 20 port USB came with Australian plug,
every thing as usual is top quality the SSD needed a C type USB
conection, no problem have 5.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Don't use it for RAM heavy like video editing then you need 60GB
Bullshit with that last.
AI used to upgrade old videos need powerful computers, or VERY slow.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
If you are using an SSD or large RAM, then ReadyBoost haslittle impact
on the computer performance improvement.
Makes more sense to have enough RAM.
All new computers come with at least 256GB SSD cache drives now.
Just because that makes them boot faster.
Hoping I will get rid of the "turn your virus detection"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
and you keep stupidly shutting it down when you aren't using it.
I only shut my computer down when I go to bed andor go away from home
for shopping or the day.
Makes no sense to shut it down then.
Safety first!
Mad.
Neve ever seen one smoke, go dead yes!
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
(may not be 500GB better)?
Petzl
2023-11-14 10:08:06 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Only because ReadyBoost is fucking with your memory.
Not using ReadyBoost yet. Next week.
Arrived now activted it the 20 port USB came with Australian plug,
every thing as usual is top quality the SSD needed a C type USB
conection, no problem have 5.
The SSD requires a type "C", fast usb cord,
The SSD cord had Type "C" USb on both ends, my Moto Cord fit it and
the USB on computer.
I notice it is faster, no wait with web sites opening quicker, as well
as programs, not a big change but noticeable.
The 20 USB port came with Australian plug, have a USB UV Air, germ
cleaning, fan blowing soft air into my face now,

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-14 20:51:14 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
[...]
The problem with SSDs is how long they last.
Post by Petzl
Been buying socks and compression socks, shoes, underpants, vacuum
coffee mugs, all good, usb chargers came with Australian plugs, no
regrets so far.
I have only done the one order so far, couple of magnetic
usb cables which work fine and which were good value and
a set of lightning cables, haven't needed to try those yet.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory optimizer,nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
Makes more sense not to shut down so you don't care about how fast startup
is.
don't like smoke, while I sleep, I also unplug it.
My routine is I plug computer in start it then make coffee and
breakfast. It's ready when I get to it.
So no need for an SSD to get it to boot faster.
A pain when you get a update, often two one after the other. both
requiring a restart' Also sometimes have to reboot because something
not working.
I only get that with the Win11 laptop which is SSD.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windowsdefender, when I
check , it's on, so maybe Windowsdefender is getting a bit heavy for
startup? Don't like that.
Nope, Win is a bit stupid, it checks that too early, while its still
Only started doing this a few months ago?
Something you added recently is taking longer to start.
Just Windows defender wants to check every file every webstite.
Causing a wait time.
That isnt what is happening a boot time.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Don't use it for RAM heavy like video editing then you need 60GB
Bullshit with that last.
AI used to upgrade old videos need powerful computers, or VERY slow.
Sure, but you never need 60GB of ram.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
and you keep stupidly shutting it down when you aren't using it.
I only shut my computer down when I go to bed andor go away from home
for shopping or the day.
Makes no sense to shut it down then.
Safety first!
Mad.
Neve ever seen one smoke, go dead yes!
Me neither and it should stay in the metal case even if it did.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
(may not be 500GB better)?
Petzl
2023-11-15 00:24:13 UTC
On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 07:51:14 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
[...]
Well bought this one from TEMU for $18 and works well for my 8GB ram
WIN10 but very slow for Microsoft downgrades reboot took over a Hour
They have 2TB internals/externals for $40
https://tinyurl.com/2djrujhs
Mine though came with Type-C to USB-C USB cable.
https://ibb.co/c2mD03M
needed but have a few
https://ibb.co/3CMsyh8
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Been buying socks and compression socks, shoes, underpants, vacuum
coffee mugs, all good, usb chargers came with Australian plugs, no
regrets so far.
I have only done the one order so far, couple of magnetic
usb cables which work fine and which were good value and
a set of lightning cables, haven't needed to try those yet.
Underpants, socks are cheap and very good but your order must be AU$30
or more for free FAST postage (under a week to Campbelltown, NSW)
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory optimizer,nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
Makes more sense not to shut down so you don't care about how fast startup
is.
don't like smoke, while I sleep, I also unplug it.
My routine is I plug computer in start it then make coffee and
breakfast. It's ready when I get to it.
So no need for an SSD to get it to boot faster.
A pain when you get a update, often two one after the other. both
requiring a restart' Also sometimes have to reboot because something
not working.
My 8GB of RAM took over a hour to complete downgrade/update,
My identical HP touchscreen, 18GB took 15 minutes, so ReadyBoost had
no effect on that!
Post by Rod Speed
I only get that with the Win11 laptop which is SSD.
Well no need for me to buy another computer yet!
maybe
<https://www.hp.com/au-en/shop/hp-eliteone-870-g9-27-inch-all-in-one-desktop-pc-touchscreen-8q7q7pa.html>
https://tinyurl.com/2ucxzn2s
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windowsdefender, when I
check , it's on, so maybe Windowsdefender is getting a bit heavy for
startup? Don't like that.
Nope, Win is a bit stupid, it checks that too early, while its still
Only started doing this a few months ago?
Something you added recently is taking longer to start.
Just Windows defender wants to check every file every webstite.
Causing a wait time.
That isnt what is happening a boot time.
well it still coming up with "turn virus protection on"
Just after boot up
My 16GB RAM doesn't.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Don't use it for RAM heavy like video editing then you need 60GB
Bullshit with that last.
AI used to upgrade old videos need powerful computers, or VERY slow.
Sure, but you never need 60GB of ram.
Depend what you want to do.
Seems to a demand $$$ for old pictures and video of family, even from
film to 4K digital quality
Just a quick Google

Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-15 03:10:32 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Been buying socks and compression socks, shoes, underpants, vacuum
coffee mugs, all good, usb chargers came with Australian plugs, no
regrets so far.
I have only done the one order so far, couple of magnetic
usb cables which work fine and which were good value and
a set of lightning cables, haven't needed to try those yet.
Underpants, socks are cheap and very good but your order must be AU$30
or more for free FAST postage (under a week to Campbelltown, NSW)
Mine was only $26, included a pack of those plastic rivnuts cars use
for the plastic panels and a roll of hook and loop tape. Still very quick.

I meant to say that some of the comments on productreview were a
bit scathing about some of the cloth products, bit thin apparantly.

Just needed a new bottom fitted sheet. Wasnt prepared
to risk it for that reason and then discovered that Ikea
was flogging them for just $12, amazing price, but with
a completely stupid shipping cost of $29 because they use
Toll/IPEC but I used them anyway because the total is still
about the same and the fabric quality is guaranteed with IKEA.

Just about to renew my raft of T shirts, but that is even harder
given that I need blank T shirts and I like them loose.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Went to Temu to buy a 100W, 20 port USB charger To many USB chargers.
and So thought would give it a go to try ReadyBoost,
Start-up is slowing down a bit, I only load memory
optimizer,nothing
else. ReadyBoost is supposed to help this
Makes more sense not to shut down so you don't care about how fast startup
is.
don't like smoke, while I sleep, I also unplug it.
My routine is I plug computer in start it then make coffee and
breakfast. It's ready when I get to it.
So no need for an SSD to get it to boot faster.
A pain when you get a update, often two one after the other. both
requiring a restart' Also sometimes have to reboot because something
not working.
My 8GB of RAM took over a hour to complete downgrade/update,
Thats pretty obscene.
Post by Petzl
My identical HP touchscreen, 18GB took 15 minutes,
That's not great either.
Post by Petzl
so ReadyBoost had no effect on that!
Wouldn't expect it too.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
I only get that with the Win11 laptop which is SSD.
Well no need for me to buy another computer yet!
maybe
<https://www.hp.com/au-en/shop/hp-eliteone-870-g9-27-inch-all-in-one-desktop-pc-touchscreen-8q7q7pa.html>
https://tinyurl.com/2ucxzn2s
I only got the laptop because the fucking ABC refused to
stream to a Win7 system and now they stream to a Win7
system fine. But I do plan to upgrade to a new Win11 PC
just because lots of stuff like Chrome and Kindle no longer
suppoer Win7 and that's becoming a pain. Not keen on
using a laptop full time. It is much better for beer brewing
tho so its no big deal. The previous old laptop wouldnt run
Access 2003 realiably and the new Lenovo laptop runs it fine.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
I get warning that "Turn Virus protection on", Windowsdefender, when I
check , it's on, so maybe Windowsdefender is getting a bit heavy
for
startup? Don't like that.
Nope, Win is a bit stupid, it checks that too early, while its still
Only started doing this a few months ago?
Something you added recently is taking longer to start.
Just Windows defender wants to check every file every webstite.
Causing a wait time.
That isnt what is happening a boot time.
well it still coming up with "turn virus protection on"
Just after boot up
My 16GB RAM doesn't.
Yea, thats the slower boot quirk.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Don't use it for RAM heavy like video editing then you need 60GB
Bullshit with that last.
AI used to upgrade old videos need powerful computers, or VERY slow.
Sure, but you never need 60GB of ram.
Depend what you want to do.
Nope, you never need that much for companding.

I used to do quite a bit of it with pirated video because the
mate of mine I got them for couldnt play some formats. He
got his own internet system and so I don't need to anymore.

He's the kid who turned out to be a giant. 6'2" now,
just finished high school a week ago, still just 19.
http://youtu.be/6ebZRjN4W78
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
(may not be 500GB better)?
Petzl
2023-11-15 03:27:12 UTC
On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:10:32 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
My identical HP touchscreen, 18GB took 15 minutes,
That's not great either.
Might of been quicker, just checked 15 minutes later and it was done?
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
I only get that with the Win11 laptop which is SSD.
Well no need for me to buy another computer yet!
maybe
<https://www.hp.com/au-en/shop/hp-eliteone-870-g9-27-inch-all-in-one-desktop-pc-touchscreen-8q7q7pa.html>
https://tinyurl.com/2ucxzn2s
I only got the laptop because the fucking ABC refused to
stream to a Win7 system and now they stream to a Win7
system fine. But I do plan to upgrade to a new Win11 PC
just because lots of stuff like Chrome and Kindle no longer
suppoer Win7 and that's becoming a pain. Not keen on
using a laptop full time. It is much better for beer brewing
tho so its no big deal. The previous old laptop wouldnt run
Access 2003 realiably and the new Lenovo laptop runs it fine.
Gave up on laptops over priced always sitting on a desk
The all in one touch screen is not that hard to put in suit case then
back of car and take with you.
Problem with all in one hard if not impossible to upgrade/Repair.

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-15 16:57:45 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
I only get that with the Win11 laptop which is SSD.
Well no need for me to buy another computer yet!
maybe
<https://www.hp.com/au-en/shop/hp-eliteone-870-g9-27-inch-all-in-one-desktop-pc-touchscreen-8q7q7pa.html>
https://tinyurl.com/2ucxzn2s
I only got the laptop because the fucking ABC refused to
stream to a Win7 system and now they stream to a Win7
system fine. But I do plan to upgrade to a new Win11 PC
just because lots of stuff like Chrome and Kindle no longer
suppoer Win7 and that's becoming a pain. Not keen on
using a laptop full time. It is much better for beer brewing
tho so its no big deal. The previous old laptop wouldnt run
Access 2003 realiably and the new Lenovo laptop runs it fine.
Gave up on laptops over priced always sitting on a desk
A laptop works much better for the beer brewing and beer vault.

They are in separate rooms and no real space for anything else when
brewing and bottling.
Post by Petzl
The all in one touch screen is not that hard to putin suit case then
back of car and take with you.
But a laptop is much more viable when flying.
Yep, thats why I avoid them for the main PC,
Petzl
2023-11-15 21:59:26 UTC
On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 03:57:45 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
Times change, "External Keyboard To An iPhone" are available
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
The all in one touch screen is not that hard to putin suit case then
back of car and take with you.
But a laptop is much more viable when flying.
Don't know by how much, impressed with Sydney trains now having free
broadband, Passed the time away on smartphone 7 inch screen, voice
control if need be, I believe aircraft are touted to supply Internet
as well, not traveled by air for years.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Problem with all in one hard if not impossible to upgrade/Repair.
Yep, thats why I avoid them for the main PC,
Windows destroys them long before upgrade/repair needed though.
So far my replacements are because of becoming outdated!

This 8GB RAM still suits me TV on shelf near roof just watch 7 news
mainly, then my computer for papers.
As well as world wide favorites, love the Drew Carey "Price is Right"
for one.

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2023-11-15 23:59:08 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
Useless when updating an access database.
Proper touch screen laptop works vastly better.

I use voice input for the iphone, leaves a keyboard for dead.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
The all in one touch screen is not that hard to putin suit case then
back of car and take with you.
But a laptop is much more viable when flying.
Don't know by how much,
Vastly as far as portability is concerned.
Post by Petzl
impressed with Sydney trains now having free broadband,
So do the better planes.
Post by Petzl
Passed the time away on smartphone 7 inch screen,
I wasnt talking about passing the time away, just portability.

I do pass the time using my phone, normally reading kindle books.
The SE3 screen is plenty and I actually prefer it to the Kindle
PaperWhite which isnt as confortable in my hand, the SE3 is
much more comfortable which is why I bought it in the first place.
Post by Petzl
voice control if need be,
I use that all the time.
Post by Petzl
I believe aircraft are touted to supply Internet as well,
Been doing that for years now.
Post by Petzl
not traveled by air for years.
I have only used the train from sydney just the once,
because a pov was paying for it. I always fly.
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Problem with all in one hard if not impossible to upgrade/Repair.
Yep, thats why I avoid them for the main PC,
Windows destroys them long before upgrade/repair needed though.
Hasnt destroyed any of mine. I'm still using
the original Win7 install, July-09
Post by Petzl
So far my replacements are because of becoming outdated!
My next will be because the current motherboard doesnt
easily support Win11 and because I am not a pov and
would like full touch screens on the new PC, Would only
need a new motherboard and ram and new screens.
Post by Petzl
This 8GB RAM still suits me TV on shelf near roof just watch 7 news
mainly,
I haven't watched any TV news for years now,
much prefer ABC Just In and the BBC RSS feed.

Tho today the fucking BBC didnt even mention that their
supreme court had just rejected Sunak's Rwanda scheme.
Post by Petzl
then my computer for papers.
I don't bother with any of the shit rags anymore.
I almost entirely watch docos. All streamed now or torrented.
Rod Speed
2023-11-16 19:14:56 UTC
I meant to say that some of the comments on productreview were a bit
scathing about some of the Temu cloth products, bit thin apparantly.
Just needed a new bottom fitted sheet. Wasnt prepared
to risk it for that reason and then discovered that Ikea
was flogging them for just $12, amazing price, but with
a completely stupid shipping cost of $29 because they use
Toll/IPEC but I used them anyway because the total is still
about the same and the fabric quality is guaranteed with IKEA.
Turns out that what IKEA call Toll/IPEC calls themselves TeamGE
and that they are completely fucking useless. BY FAR the worst
operation I have ever had the misfortune to be saddled with.

The useless fuckers dont give their drivers a mobile phone so that
there is no way for the driver to ring your mobile when they can't
work out where your house is. No one else is actually that stupid.

The driver decided that there was no one home, but didnt
even bother to knock on the fucking door and I made sure
that I was always there all day and didnt even move away from
the front door all day even for a piss and just dumped the parcel
at the hub which is one of the newagents in the main street.

That happed a few years ago with the same useless operation
and has happened every single fucking time that a delivery has
come using those useless fuckers.

And while you can certainly ring that useless operation, they
refuse to attempt a redelivery. After I demaned a supervisor,
he did claim that I can get IKEA to request a redelivery, but
I bet that the useless fuckers will just fail to delivery again.

Haven't rung IKEA yet, too early yet. It will be interesting
to see what their response is.

And this is a service they charge $29 for, for a completely
fucked 'service', 3 times what everyone else charges.
Petzl
2023-11-16 21:55:08 UTC
On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 06:14:56 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
Sounds like IKEA have bought Swedish bureaucracy with them!
Bureaucracy is something about Sweden the Swedish hate as well but
never change.
--
Petzl
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
- Soren Kierkegaard
Rod Speed
2023-11-16 22:15:36 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
Nothing to do with IKEA, the problem is with the fucked TeamGE/Toll/IPEC

I have just rung IKEA and they are telling TeamGE/Toll/IPEC
to attempt to deliver again and if that fails again, it will be
returned to IKEA and IKEA will send it using Australia Post.
never change.
Petzl
2023-11-16 23:13:38 UTC
On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:15:36 +1100, "Rod Speed"
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
Just register with Australia post, they email and SMS/Text when it is
coming and show track url.
<https://auspost.com.au/mypost/beta/track/search>
That started with the Woman CEO who was sacked because she rewarded
staff found to be doing a good job.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Bureaucracy is something about Sweden the Swedish hate as well but
never change.
--
Petzl
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other
people's money. #Sir Ronald Millar

On March fourteenth, in the year of our Lord. Eighteen eighty three
Karl Marx made his most important contribution to mankind...
He died

There is no difference between communism and socialism,
except in the means of achieving the same ultimate end:
communism proposes to enslave men by force,
socialism - by vote.
It is merely the difference between murder and suicide
#Margaret Thatcher
Rod Speed
2023-11-17 00:22:53 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
Yeah, I have been using that for years now.

Only works for tracked stuff tho.
never change.
Petzl
2023-12-19 21:44:23 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
Bureaucracy is something about Sweden the Swedish hate as well but
never change.
Thought I would look up bottom only fitted sheet, the elastic often seem the first to go
<https://www.temu.com/search_result.html?search_key=bottom%20fitted%20sheets&search_method=suggest&sprefix=bottom%20fitted%20sheet>
https://t.ly/TQpmi
To me Sydney from China I've had in 3 days sometimes a week.

Frank Slootweg
2023-11-06 11:40:39 UTC
Petzl <***@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
Post by Petzl
Agreed his firdt problem is his Android mobile is fairly dated.
17 years old, he should look for a newer one IMO
AFAIK, he (Peter Jason) hasn't mentioned how old his Android phone is.

17 years would be a tad hard, because Android didn't exist at the
time, only two years later (2008).

You seem to be confused with his *TV*, which is indeed 17 years old
(2006)! :-)

[...]
Petzl
2023-11-06 20:16:10 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by Petzl
Agreed his firdt problem is his Android mobile is fairly dated.
17 years old, he should look for a newer one IMO
AFAIK, he (Peter Jason) hasn't mentioned how old his Android phone is.
17 years would be a tad hard, because Android didn't exist at the
time, only two years later (2008).
You seem to be confused with his *TV*, which is indeed 17 years old
(2006)! :-)
[...]
Bugger, you are right. :-)

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Peter Jason
2023-11-07 22:02:21 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by Petzl
Agreed his firdt problem is his Android mobile is fairly dated.
17 years old, he should look for a newer one IMO
AFAIK, he (Peter Jason) hasn't mentioned how old his Android phone is.
17 years would be a tad hard, because Android didn't exist at the
time, only two years later (2008).
Alas, one HAS to upgrade because the MyGov and bank apps require
certain specs.
Post by Frank Slootweg
You seem to be confused with his *TV*, which is indeed 17 years old
(2006)! :-)
The TV is at its sparkling best, though the remotes need constant
upgrading.
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]