salvaging Win7
Add Reply
Ozix
2024-04-19 05:16:07 UTC
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Marco Moock
2024-04-24 06:52:05 UTC
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Why don't upgrade to a current operating system?
Win 7 EoL is now for more than 4 years.
--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to ***@cartoonies.org
Computer Nerd Kev
2024-04-24 23:40:47 UTC
Post by Marco Moock
Why don't upgrade to a current operating system?
Win 7 EoL is now for more than 4 years.
I suppose you could ask the same thing of me with the Pentium 1 PC
I'm posting from now, which dual-boots Linux/Win98. Not only would
the computer never run current Windows, but lots of the software on
it (including some that only runs when booted directly to MSDOS and
talks to parallel port and ISA hardware devices) wouldn't run in
current Windows either.

Mind you, I hardly expect to get updates for that. :)
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-29 14:00:05 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Marco Moock
Why don't upgrade to a current operating system?
Win 7 EoL is now for more than 4 years.
I suppose you could ask the same thing of me with the Pentium 1 PC
I'm posting from now, which dual-boots Linux/Win98. Not only would
the computer never run current Windows, but lots of the software on
it (including some that only runs when booted directly to MSDOS and
talks to parallel port and ISA hardware devices) wouldn't run in
current Windows either.
are you some kind of masochist?  :)
Have a nice day!..
Computer Nerd Kev
2024-04-29 22:55:54 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Marco Moock
Why don't upgrade to a current operating system?
Win 7 EoL is now for more than 4 years.
I suppose you could ask the same thing of me with the Pentium 1 PC
I'm posting from now, which dual-boots Linux/Win98. Not only would
the computer never run current Windows, but lots of the software on
it (including some that only runs when booted directly to MSDOS and
talks to parallel port and ISA hardware devices) wouldn't run in
current Windows either.
are you some kind of masochist? :)
I wonder that about people who upgrade all the time. :)
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
keithr0
2024-05-03 23:48:34 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Marco Moock
Why don't upgrade to a current operating system?
Win 7 EoL is now for more than 4 years.
I suppose you could ask the same thing of me with the Pentium 1 PC
I'm posting from now, which dual-boots Linux/Win98. Not only would
the computer never run current Windows, but lots of the software on
it (including some that only runs when booted directly to MSDOS and
talks to parallel port and ISA hardware devices) wouldn't run in
current Windows either.
are you some kind of masochist? :)
I wonder that about people who upgrade all the time. :)
It's called progress, the reason why we aren't still using CP/M on 8080
based machines.
Computer Nerd Kev
2024-05-04 00:27:04 UTC
Post by keithr0
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Marco Moock
Why don't upgrade to a current operating system?
Win 7 EoL is now for more than 4 years.
I suppose you could ask the same thing of me with the Pentium 1 PC
I'm posting from now, which dual-boots Linux/Win98. Not only would
the computer never run current Windows, but lots of the software on
it (including some that only runs when booted directly to MSDOS and
talks to parallel port and ISA hardware devices) wouldn't run in
current Windows either.
are you some kind of masochist? :)
I wonder that about people who upgrade all the time. :)
It's called progress, the reason why we aren't still using CP/M on 8080
based machines.
Progress is having the option to buy faster machines when needed.

People who buy them when they don't have a need put themselves to
extra trouble, especially if they then find other things like
printers won't work as a result. But each to his own.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
Mighty Mouse
2024-05-04 00:37:26 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by keithr0
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Marco Moock
[...]
M$ forces us to keep upgrading hardware and software.
Have a nice day!..
Rod Speed
2024-05-04 18:53:54 UTC
On Sat, 04 May 2024 10:37:26 +1000, Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by keithr0
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Marco Moock
[...]
Bullshit with both claims.

Petzl
2024-04-24 08:57:04 UTC
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Unless there are WIN7 APP's you need.
Possibly easier to install a Chrome operating System.
<https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/>
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-29 14:03:39 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Unless there are WIN7 APP's you need.
Possibly easier to install a Chrome operating System.
<https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/>
I have win7 PC I need to keep running because there are no drivers for
my Canon laser printer/copier/fax for win10 or Linux. damn M$ for their
planned obsolescence!
Have a nice day!..
Frank Slootweg
2024-04-29 14:46:48 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Unless there are WIN7 APP's you need.
Possibly easier to install a Chrome operating System.
<https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/>
I have win7 PC I need to keep running because there are no drivers for
my Canon laser printer/copier/fax for win10 or Linux. damn M$ for their
planned obsolescence!
Most - if no all - printers 'speak' some level of PCL (Printer Command
Language) [1].

So *manually* add the printer and select a PCL driver. For example on
my Windows 11 system, I can select the 'Microsoft PCL6 Class Driver'.
PCL is a standard since some four decades, about time to start making
use of it! :-)

BTW, which (exact) model Canon printer is it? And what is the exact
name of the Canon printer driver on your Windows 7 system?

In Windows 11 you can get the system to retrieve hundreds and hundreds
more printer drivers by clicking on the 'Windows Update' button while
(manually) installing the printer. For Canon, this gives a list of
probably a hundred - if not more - printers. (I also have a Windows 10
system, so I could also check on that.)

'Printer Command Language
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_Command_Language>
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-30 01:25:48 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
I will try this, thanks! :)
Post by Frank Slootweg
BTW, which (exact) model Canon printer is it?
Image Class D320
Post by Frank Slootweg
And what is the exact
name of the Canon printer driver on your Windows 7 system?
the printer is not listed in device manager, but this seems to be the
relevant driver..

Post by Frank Slootweg
In Windows 11 you can get the system to retrieve hundreds and hundreds
more printer drivers by clicking on the 'Windows Update' button while
(manually) installing the printer. For Canon, this gives a list of
probably a hundred - if not more - printers. (I also have a Windows 10
system, so I could also check on that.)
Ok, I will check this too
Have a nice day!..
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-30 03:24:56 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
I don't get the PCL option
I will try this, thanks! :)
https://auslink.info/pics/d320.jpg
      In Windows 11 you can get the system to retrieve hundreds and
hundreds
more printer drivers by clicking on the 'Windows Update' button while
(manually) installing the printer. For Canon, this gives a list of
probably a hundred - if not more - printers. (I also have a Windows 10
system, so I could also check on that.)
did that but this printer is still not listed :(
Ok, I will check this too
Have a nice day!..
Frank Slootweg
2024-04-30 12:12:50 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
Which Windows version do you have (11, 10, 8.1, other)?

On my Windows 11 system:

Start -> Settings -> Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners -> Add
printer or scanner -> Add device -> "The printer that I want isn't
listed" -> Add manually -> Find a printer by other options -> (multiple
options) select '* Add a local pprinter or network printer with manual
settings' -> [Next] -> Choose a printer port -> * Use an existing port
-> (because I do not have an actual printer to add and I suggest that -
at least initially - you do the same) FILE: (Print to File) -> [Next]

Now you have a window with two panes. On the left 'Manufacturer' and
on the right 'Printers'.

In the left pane select 'Microsoft'. In the right pane you will see
'Microsoft PCL6 Class Driver'.

This should prove to you that that driver exists on your system.

If your printer uses an USB connection, you probably have to select
'nul: (Local Port)', but I don't know for sure.

If it's a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer, use
that option.
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
I will try this, thanks! :)
[Rest in another response, *if* I can find a better (Canon) driver.]
Computer Nerd Kev
2024-04-30 08:02:19 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Frank Slootweg
BTW, which (exact) model Canon printer is it?
Image Class D320
The Canon pages describe that model as part of their ImageCLASS
D300 series, and ImageCLASS D300 is listed here as one of the
printers that communicate using CARPS (Canon Advanced Raster
Printing System), not PCL:
https://github.com/ondrej-zary/carps-cups

But that page does claim that, perhaps with some work, you can make
it work on Linux. In turn with a fair bit more work you might be
able to use this system to make it work in newer Windows with WSL2:
https://openprinting.github.io/wsl-printer-app/

But I think you'd be lucky to get all that to work right first try.
I had similar trouble with a Samsung laser printer that uses
Samsung's own protocol and I gave up trying to get Linux drivers
for that to work. When you turned on colour it would just print out
error codes, and I already had a B/W laser printer. It's sat on the
floor unused ever since. I must try again one day though, now that
there should be newer driver versions.
--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-30 08:23:46 UTC
Post by Computer Nerd Kev
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
I've tried the CARPS drivers. they don't work
Have a nice day!..
Frank Slootweg
2024-04-30 12:44:50 UTC
[...]
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Frank Slootweg
And what is the exact
name of the Canon printer driver on your Windows 7 system?
the printer is not listed in device manager, but this seems to be the
relevant driver..
https://auslink.info/pics/d320.jpg
That's the USB driver for the/any printer, i.e. the interface side. I
was looking for the name of the printer-specific driver, i.e. the
printer side.

Normally when you install a printer, the printer gets the name of the
printer driver, but of course you can rename a printer, so your printer
might have a different name than you printer driver.
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Frank Slootweg
In Windows 11 you can get the system to retrieve hundreds and hundreds
more printer drivers by clicking on the 'Windows Update' button while
(manually) installing the printer. For Canon, this gives a list of
probably a hundred - if not more - printers. (I also have a Windows 10
system, so I could also check on that.)
Ok, I will check this too
On the two-pane 'Install the printer driver' window (see my response
of earlier today) I used the '[Windows Update]' button to get more
drivers. This gives a list for Manufacturer 'Canon' and 'Canon Inc.'.

The 'Canon Inc.' list shows only a few printers. The 'Canon' list
shows very many.

There are some 'imageCLASS' (note different case and one word)
printers, but not a D320 or similar. Sadly you can't search the list to
see if there is perhaps another printer with a slightly different
spelling/wording.

I know that some people have extracted printer drivers from a running
system - also from Windows 7 - and installed/'imported' those on Windows
10 and 11, but I have no experience with that or pointers/notes about
that. Perhaps others can help with that.
Frank Slootweg
2024-04-30 15:20:43 UTC
[Lots deleted.]
Post by Frank Slootweg
I know that some people have extracted printer drivers from a running
system - also from Windows 7 - and installed/'imported' those on Windows
10 and 11, but I have no experience with that or pointers/notes about
that. Perhaps others can help with that.
I did a bit of Googling on this and found that you can export print
drivers from Windows 7 and import them on Windows 8[.1], 10 and 11.

The only limitation seems to be that you can only export/import
to/from equal bitness systems, i.e. 32-bit to 32-bit and 64-bit to
64-bit, so if your Windows 7 system is 32-bit, you can only import in
32-bit 8[.1] and 10 systems, but not into Windows 11, because that's
only 64-bit.

A good article I have found is mentioned below. Because it's from
TenForums, it only covers Windows 7, 8 and 10, but I'm sure the method
also works on 11 (and there's probably a ElevenForums article as well).

Hope this helps.

'How to Backup and Restore Printers in Windows'
<https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/101051-backup-restore-printers-windows.html>
(Found by searching Google on "Windows extract printer driver windows 7")
Frank Slootweg
2024-04-30 15:42:12 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
[Lots deleted.]
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
And some more searching, now on the Canon site(s).

I had no luck on the AU site, but on the US site, I found imageCLASS
D320 drivers for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, both 32bit and 64bit. As the
Windows 11 kernel is effectively the same as the Windows 10 one (it even
reports version 10), I'm sure you can use the Windows 10 version of the
printer driver on Windows 11 (I've done so for my HP printer (which came
from Windows 8.1)).

Hope this helps.

<https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageclass-d320>
Mighty Mouse
2024-05-03 05:34:27 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Frank Slootweg
[Lots deleted.]
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
that's the first driver I had tried, both the US and UK version, but it
stubbornly refuses to see the printer. I will try the other things you
suggest later when I have more time to stuff around with this. thanks
for your help.
Have a nice day!..
Mighty Mouse
2024-05-03 06:57:58 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Frank Slootweg
[Lots deleted.]
[...]
I finally did it! Using that driver, which is supposed to be the correct
driver. this is how.. unzipped it to a folder on the desktop, ran a USB
cable direct to the printer, bypassing the printer switch, and using
manual printer install pointed to the .inf file in that folder,
installed the driver, and tested. printer works. then reconnected the
printer to the hub, but still no go. after stuffing around with
settings, ports, etc., I finally realized it was a cable connection
issue. so got the printer working fine now, and it will switch between
my PC's as originally intended. thanks everyone!
Have a nice day!..
Frank Slootweg
2024-05-03 13:38:48 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Frank Slootweg
[Lots deleted.]
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
You're very welcome. Glad that it all worked out. And thank you for
the feedback.
Mighty Mouse
2024-05-04 00:35:11 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Frank Slootweg
[Lots deleted.]
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
it was your suggestion to do a manual install that finally led to the
solution.
Have a nice day!..
Petzl
2024-04-29 21:47:04 UTC
On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 00:03:39 +1000, Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Unless there are WIN7 APP's you need.
Possibly easier to install a Chrome operating System.
<https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/>
I have win7 PC I need to keep running because there are no drivers for
my Canon laser printer/copier/fax for win10 or Linux. damn M$ for their
planned obsolescence!
Assume you checked?
https://www.canon.com.au/support
Microsoft so-called updates are deliberate downgrades to slow ones
computer so we bunnies go and buy a new computer with a new Microsoft
operating system
That is what this has been about since Windows 3.11

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-30 00:43:07 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
yes and I have tried several I thought might work
Have a nice day!..
Rod Speed
BULLSHIT
Petzl
2024-04-30 09:46:21 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
So your Widows 7 PC is not now junk?
Nor have you assimilated to a Windows 11 PC?
--
Petzl
To be truly fluent in English,
you must know your shits
Shits
Dogshit - Very poor quality
Bullshit - Not true
Horseshit - Nonsense
Apeshit - Rambunctious
Batshit - Insane
Chickenshit cowards
Ratshit - poor quality
No shit - Obviously
Holy shit - mind blowing/unbelievable
Hot shit - very good
Dipshit - a total dumbass
Tuff shit - Take it or leave it.
Jack shit - nothing
The shit - perfection
Rod Speed
2024-04-30 09:55:56 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
Nope, that's what I am posting from fine right now.
Post by Petzl
Nor have you assimilated to a Windows 11 PC?
Nope. My laptop is Win 11 but I don't use it much at all.

I originally got it to use ABC iview because it refused
to work on the Win7 PC but does now and I used it fine
this morning to watch Media Watch.
Petzl
2024-04-30 10:36:06 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Nor have you assimilated to a Windows 11 PC?
Nope. My laptop is Win 11 but I don't use it much at all.
I originally got it to use ABC iview because it refused
to work on the Win7 PC but does now and I used it fine
this morning to watch Media Watch.
OK glad its working out for you
My Windows 8 computer, which was rubbish from day one.
So tried Windows 10 which a little better after numerous "updates" is
slowly chugging along. but allows videos to play receive/send email.
my banking, make Skype overseas calls.
But not as fast as it once was.
Probably needs another clean install

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Rod Speed
2024-04-30 18:36:22 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Nor have you assimilated to a Windows 11 PC?
Nope. My laptop is Win 11 but I don't use it much at all.
I originally got it to use ABC iview because it refused
to work on the Win7 PC but does now and I used it fine
this morning to watch Media Watch.
OK glad its working out for you
My Windows 8 computer, which was rubbish from day one.
So tried Windows 10 which a little better after numerous "updates" is
slowly chugging along. but allows videos to play receive/send email.
my banking, make Skype overseas calls.
But not as fast as it once was.
Never seen that with the Win11 laptop.

Never seen that with the Win7 PC either.
Never needed to do that with the Win7 PC its still on the original install.
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-30 16:45:14 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
none of my dozen or so computers can run win11
Have a nice day!..
Petzl
2024-04-30 20:36:36 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
You are lucky!
My computers will not downgrade to win11 either.
If this crap gets worse will change this computer to a CIA's Google
operating system,

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Mighty Mouse
2024-05-03 05:41:48 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
[...]
I will change some of mine to Linux and maybe google. sick of M$ BS
Have a nice day!..
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-29 14:11:11 UTC
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Unless there are WIN7 APP's you need.
Possibly easier to install a Chrome operating System.
<https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/>
think I'll try chrome OS on a PC

https://chromeenterprise.google/intl/en_au/os/chromeosflex/
Have a nice day!..
Mighty Mouse
2024-04-29 15:53:15 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Unless there are WIN7 APP's you need.
Possibly easier to install a Chrome operating System.
<https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/>
think I'll try chrome OS on a PC
https://chromeenterprise.google/intl/en_au/os/chromeosflex/
not much use tho if you can't install your windows programs on it I guess
Have a nice day!..
Petzl
2024-04-29 21:50:29 UTC
On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 01:53:15 +1000, Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Ozix
An old laptop with Win7 that was never updated apparently. Update no
longer works for Win7 since January? The Internet Explorer browser is
pretty much useless, so have to download Firefox ESR. Then find a
program called "Legacy Update" and run that, hoping it doesn't have
malware. That grinds away for over an hour installing SP1 and other
doovalackeys. Finally you can do Windows Update again, and it swirls
around finding 122 updates. Go for a walk to local coffee shop, come
back it is still in progress.
Unless there are WIN7 APP's you need.
Possibly easier to install a Chrome operating System.
<https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/>
think I'll try chrome OS on a PC
https://chromeenterprise.google/intl/en_au/os/chromeosflex/
not much use tho if you can't install your windows programs on it I guess
Depends what you need?
Google has office (clone) online

the sacking of 1700 workers.
Mighty Mouse
2024-05-03 05:45:10 UTC
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1056325?hl=en
Have a nice day!..
Petzl
2024-05-03 08:52:11 UTC
On Fri, 3 May 2024 15:45:10 +1000, Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Petzl
Post by Mighty Mouse
Post by Mighty Mouse
https://chromeenterprise.google/intl/en_au/os/chromeosflex/
not much use tho if you can't install your windows programs on it I guess
Depends what you need?
Google has office (clone) online
https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1056325?hl=en
Not sure about WIN7