Can you diagnose this problem?
Tom
2003-12-05 00:21:57 UTC
Hi all,

Recently it took 2 to 3 minutes before my system would start up.
The screen displayed the message "no signal" before then.
Has anyone any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks for your help.

Tom
Pauline Johnson
2003-12-05 00:31:56 UTC
Post by Tom
Hi all,
Recently it took 2 to 3 minutes before my system would start up.
The screen displayed the message "no signal" before then.
Has anyone any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Do a google search for:-

windows problem "no signal"

This came up with lots of links, some not relevant, but these may
help:-

http://www.computing.net/hardware/wwwboard/forum/7618.html

http://www.computing.net/hardware/wwwboard/forum/18571.html

--
Paulie

pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com
Justin Thyme
2003-12-05 00:37:54 UTC
some likely candidates could be...
Mainboard Capacitors - check for any bulged or leaking capacitors on
mainboard
Power supply - it could be taking a while for the power-good signal to come
up - test with a new power supply.
Sometimes devices plugged into the parallel port can cause this sort of
behaviour too - try unplugging external peripherals.
Tom
Leon.
2003-12-05 07:34:55 UTC
Post by Tom
Hi all,
Recently it took 2 to 3 minutes before my system would start up.
The screen displayed the message "no signal" before then.
Has anyone any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Tom
what was on the screen when it did start up ?
Windows ?
or bios ?

If it was windows, dont worry about it - that just means that windows
crashed and took a while to recover.
Tom
2003-12-06 21:29:55 UTC
Post by Leon.
Post by Tom
Hi all,
Recently it took 2 to 3 minutes before my system would start up.
The screen displayed the message "no signal" before then.
Has anyone any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Tom
what was on the screen when it did start up ?
Windows ?
or bios ?
Windows
Post by Leon.
If it was windows, dont worry about it - that just means that windows
crashed and took a while to recover.
I understand what you mean. But it wasn't that.

Miro
2003-12-05 09:27:01 UTC
Post by Tom
Hi all,
Recently it took 2 to 3 minutes before my system would start up.
The screen displayed the message "no signal" before then.
Has anyone any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Tom
No signal means the video card is not active at that moment. Happens to me
several times during booting or any time when the PC is not running.

It means nothing.

Does your PC normally take 2-3 min to boot...... that sounds more like the
problem. Better take off your data files onto backup.
Tom