Saving a mobile phone app
felix
2016-06-21 08:20:23 UTC
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed
on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I need to? I don't see it in
google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save it
somehow. thanks,
--
"As long as there is this book [Koran] there will be no peace in the world"
-William Gladstone, four times PM of Great Britain
http://www.australianlibertyalliance.org.au/
Max
There is no way to do this other than keep it installed.
felix
Rod Speed
He's wrong.
Don McKenzie
2016-06-22 07:08:08 UTC
Post by felix
Post by Max
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I
need to? I don't see it in google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save it somehow. thanks,
There is no way to do this other than keep it installed.
ok, thanks
curiosity, how much?
Buy it again if it isn't too much, would be easy.

Cheers Don...
--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics has just launched a new Shopping Cart.
Now located at: https://www.shop-dontronics.com

All Olimex products now 75% to 95% off normal Olimex Prices.
https://www.shop-dontronics.com/olimex-discounts
Many other items discounted up to 95% off.
Also discounts on Sparkfun, CCS, SimmStick, etc.
Don McKenzie
2016-06-22 07:11:00 UTC
Post by Don McKenzie
Post by felix
Post by Max
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I
need to? I don't see it in google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save it somehow. thanks,
There is no way to do this other than keep it installed.
ok, thanks
curiosity, how much?
Buy it again if it isn't too much, would be easy.
sorry, just re-read your post.

It isn't available on google play.
Had that happen to me recently also.

Rod Speed
Wrong, as always. -
Clocky
2016-06-21 12:14:38 UTC
Post by Max
Post by felix
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed
on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I need to? I don't see it
in google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save
it somehow. thanks,
There is no way to do this other than keep it installed.
That's not right, I transferred an apk program file from my phone to my
mrs phone. Used some program to install it though I can't remember what
it was called. APK installer maybe?
Rod Speed
2016-06-21 10:47:49 UTC
Post by felix
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came
installed on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I need to?
Yes.
Post by felix
I don't see it in google play, so it's not available
to download, so I need to save it somehow.
Yes, that can be done with android, so that even
if the app is no longer in google play, you can
keep using it on any android you get later too.
felix
2016-06-21 14:22:47 UTC
Post by felix
I don't see it in google play, so it's not available to download, so
I need to save it somehow.
Yes, that can be done with android, so that even if the app is no
longer in google play, you can keep using it on any android you get
later too.
err... the question is how do I save it?
Rod Speed
Use an apk saver.
felix
2016-06-22 03:03:15 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by felix
I don't see it in google play, so it's not available to download,
so I need to save it somehow.
Yes, that can be done with android, so that even if the app is no
longer in google play, you can keep using it on any android you get
later too.
err... the question is how do I save it?
Use an apk saver.
ok. use and app to save an app.. (sigh)
Frank Slootweg
2016-06-21 11:42:46 UTC
Post by felix
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed
on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I need to? I don't see it in
google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save it
somehow. thanks,
Yes, in most cases that is possible.

On some devices, it can be done out-of-the-box with the built-in file
manager.

But not all built-in file managers have equal functionality, and 'ES
File Explorer File Manager' [1] is a little bit over-the-top for just
this function.

I advise 'Apk Downloader' which does just what you want:

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marga.ApkDownloader>

N.B. Don't get put off by the name, it's (IMO) a misnomer.

[1] <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop>
felix
2016-06-21 14:27:52 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by felix
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed
on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I need to? I don't see it in
google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save it
somehow. thanks,
Yes, in most cases that is possible.
On some devices, it can be done out-of-the-box with the built-in file
manager.
But not all built-in file managers have equal functionality, and 'ES
File Explorer File Manager' [1] is a little bit over-the-top for just
this function.
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marga.ApkDownloader>
N.B. Don't get put off by the name, it's (IMO) a misnomer.
[1] <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop>
Great! thanks Frank :)
jonz
2016-06-22 08:52:30 UTC
Post by felix
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed
on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I need to? I don't see it in
google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save it
somehow. thanks,
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
If u just want to disable it for now............Do just that. Out of sight, out of mind. Or root the phone, and all sorts of things are possible. :)
felix
2016-06-22 11:22:05 UTC
Post by jonz
Post by felix
Is it possible to save an Android mobile phone app that came installed
on the phone so I can reinstall it later if I need to? I don't see it in
google play, so it's not available to download, so I need to save it
somehow. thanks,
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
If u just want to disable it for now............Do just that. Out of sight, out of mind.
yeah, that's a thought
Post by jonz
Or root the phone, and all sorts of things are possible. :)
dunno what that means
Clocky
In your case it means you would fuck it.
Jeßus
2016-06-22 21:32:28 UTC
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 01:52:30 -0700 (PDT), jonz
Post by jonz
If u just want to disable it for now............Do just that. Out of sight, out of mind.
Or root the phone, and all sorts of things are possible. :)
felix might not have a pin dick like you, even most toddlers couldn't
cram their dick into the earphone socket.
Max
That will void the warranty. They can tell if you have done that.
F Murtz